Rights & reuse: copyright and your thesisCode: LIB202, Offered By: Research Study Skills
What is copyright and how does it affect you as a researcher? Come to this workshop to find out how copyright affects reuse of material in your thesis, and how it protects work that you produce.
All researchers who are at an early stage of writing their thesis.
This session will introduce
- Fundamentals of UK copyright law
- Copyright status of different types of creative works
- Different levels of permission that can apply to reuse
Participants will be able to:
- utilise exceptions and licences for reuse of creative works
- apply for permission, where necessary
- protect your own work using licences
Seminar and interactive session with group activities.
AssessmentsThere will be no formal assessment. We suggest you use the objectives and learning outcomes above to reflect on what you have learned in this session and record this in your DDP e-portfolio.
Ruth MacMullen & Jen Smith
Sorry, there are no sessions scheduled for this seminar at the moment. You can express add an expression of interest to your basket and you will be notified when any new sessions become available.